Thursday, September 20, 2007

The Glass is Half Full


I have decided to write about happy things as the bathroom and etc. is still currently a disaster. I am not in the mood to talk about it all right now.

So first, for my birthday Dan planned a fabulous suprise date. He is so sweet. Holly was in town and so she watched the kids for us. He took me to a tapas restaurant called Barcelona that was so delightful. I can't wait to go back! Then he took me to a salsa dancing class in this little dance studio that looked just like the one in the movie "Shall we Dance". We had so much fan learning to Salsa. Then last of all we went out for my favorite dessert, Coldstone. It was such a great night. I can't wait until we can afford a regular babysitter and many more such nights. But in the meantime, it was a wonderful break and a great night with my sweet husband.
David and Grace are loving the neighborhood and the opportunity to go outside often. Davie has now developed a shoe fetish as well, so Dan can not blame me for Grace's obsession any longer. It is not just a girl thing. Our neighbors and ward have been so sweet and helpful. Even if we are having issues with the house, we are glad we live in an area that is so full of kind people.

For

11 comments:

FoxyJ said...

Timothy is in love with shoes lately too. He still doesn't say anything, but if I mention going anywhere he'll point to the closet and grunt until I get his shoes out. Or he'll just go stand by it and make noise. If anyone leaves their shoes out he'll carry them around or try to put them on. What is it with kids and shoes?

Alicia L. said...

Happy Birthday! It sounds like you had so much fun. Salsa dancing...wow Dan is a good date-planner! So fun.

So things are starting to look up at least. You're not in a hotel anymore, right? Just hang in there. It will get better!

Lindsay B. said...

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY HEATHER DEAR! HAPPY DAYS WILL COME TO YOU ALL YEAR! IF I HAD A WISH THEN IT WOULD BE - A HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU FROM ME! I am so glad that you and Dan got a night out away from all the grown-up stuff you have been dealing with lately. We just bought our house in Bountiful last month and it is overwhelming. I'm impressed with your always optimistic attitude - your kids and Dan are lucky to have you!

s g said...

Happy Birthday Heather...sounds like so much fun...you can always count on Dan to do something wonderful...I want to see this salsa dance :) glad you like your ward! always a bonus...

Mel said...

Happy Birthday! Shoe Fetish...definitely not a girl thing, Connor has one too and it is driving me crazy.

Evelyn said...

What a sweet husband you have!! That sounds like such a fun night out. Happy Birthday! Sorry your home is still having some issues. That is lame!! Glad you are happy despite it all.

Starley Family said...

You are darling. I am excited that you guys were able to go out! Gracie looks so great for school too. I bet that is a relief, in some ways, to have a little time just with Davy. Or did you manage to convince him to sleep so you could get some alone time? Love to see you guys!

cat said...

salsa dancing how fun! happy birthday, it sounds like it was a perfect night!

LizzyP said...

Happy bday, Heather! I just love to salsa--I can't wait until Joshua is old enough to learn since his Dad isn't a fan of it. And it's great to hear that you have a Coldstone close by. Yay for ice cream!

Kim said...

Heather- Happy Birthday! Glad to see you guys are doing so well and enjoying all the ups and downs of life. Check out my blog at kjohnson5.blogspot.com!

Suzanne said...

I found your blog on another persons blog site. It was fun to catch up on your family. Congrats on the new baby. That is great about buying a home. I can't wait for our turn.