Thursday, June 03, 2010

My baby turns two!

Let me just preface this by saying that I have been having issues uploading pictures. When I get it fixed I will add some more. But too much time has already passed since Char's birthday and so I wanted to put a few pics up from her party.
I can't believe that Charlotte is already two years old. I know that is cliche, but given mine and Dan's track record, normally we would already have another baby by now! Char has been a bundle of lovely babyness and it is so hard for me to watch that change. She is passing from a sweet, passive, patient baby into a stubborn, opinionated, fiery little lady. We are loving (almost) every minute of it. The other day I found the kids downstairs playing. Char was sitting on a chair in the middle of the room issuing commands and the other two were scrambling to fill them. They informed me that she was the queen and they were her servants. She could not have been any happier. I don't know if their coddling is going to last too much longer though. Charlotte is an adorable little girl who brings so much joy into our lives. We sometimes wonder what we were thinking having a baby during the first year of residency while also remodeling a house, but Heavenly Father knew we needed this little one in our lives. We couldn't love her more. Happy Birthday my dear!




3 comments:

Natalie said...

I can't believe she's two either. I hope she had a happy birthday. We have a gift, but I am terrible at getting to the post office. Hopefully she'll get it before she turns three. Hope to see you guys soon.

Starley Family said...

Oh she's just darling! I can't wait to see her and the rest of your sweet kids this summer. I am a terrible aunt and didn't call but Nate and I did say, Is today Char's birthday? Bummer we didn't follow through with anything. We'll have to think of something super fun when you come here to make up for it...

Julie w said...

I can not believe she's two already. It seemed like I just heard about you being pregnant. Holy Cow. So cute though!