Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Happy First Charlotte!

Against my express wishes, Charlotte has continued to get bigger and older every day. So, my to my dismay, we have to wish Charlotte a Happy First Birthday! I didn't really feel this way about my other two, but I just really want Charlotte to stay small. Maybe it is because I know that we don't want another baby for a while, or maybe because I now know what happens when kids get older (the get crazy.) Charlotte has been our little dream baby and is just as sweet as a baby can be. We love you Charlotte dear. Thanks for being perfection babyfied.

With her new dress ups so she can join in the fun with Grace and David.

Trying to figure out what to do with wrapped presents.

David took it upon himself to open them for her. To his credit, he was also very good about handing them back over to her.

She looks so tiny in that chair.

Don't let this picture fool you. She didn't actually eat the cupcake and move on to the paper. No, she just preferred the paper.

3 comments:

Mammy said...

I can't believe she is already 1! It doesn't seem like a year since I was there when sweet Charlotte was born. Thank goodness for blogs so you can watch them grow from afar, which is really hard to do.
Happy 1st Year Charlotte - I love you and miss you. See you all in a few months.

Kristin Hanson said...

Happy birthday!! It's just too quick, that first year.

Natalie said...

Happy Birthday, Charlotte. I promise your present is on its way.